Nieuw: IE11/MS Edge, HTML5, CSS3, Win10
Een blik op wat er in de IE technowereld aan het gebeuren is:
Twitter: Microsoft Edge
Twitter: Windows 10
- Sat, 29 Apr 2017 17:00:00 +0000: Coding4Fun April 2017 Round-up - Channel 9
As I sit here Saturday morning, April 29th, writing next week's posts, scheduling the first for Monday, May 1st, it dawns on me... I didn't do an April Round-up! Doh!
Well that just won't do; today's out-of-band post will take of that! 🙂
Cloning Your VS 2017 Packages
Small Basic is Now Available in the Windows Store
C64ForTheWin - C64 Development on your Windows Machine
Squish That Whitespace
One Browser Extension Tutorial to Rule...
Cortana goes IoT
Menees VS Tools Updated for Visual Studio 2017
ReactXP - A library for building cross-platform apps
"Happy Path” to IoT
Functioning Private Visual Studio Gallery via Azure Functions
dotnet CLI Tool Build Redux
Sock IoT with this Azure Connected System-on-a-chip Project
Coding4Fun Kinect Gallery
- Fri, 28 Apr 2017 17:39:22 +0000: Inventory and Store System - Part 5.2 (Finishing the Inventory & Buying Equipment) | .GAME - Channel 9
In this episode, we are going to pick up where we left off by wrapping up the logic for displaying items in the players inventory. First, we will fill up the inventory slots with existing items that the player has, then we will populate their currency. After that, we'll make it so that the player can buy items from the merchant by hooking up an onClick event via code.
Note: After this video was recorded I created a few icons. You can get them off of the GitHub repo here.
- Fri, 28 Apr 2017 16:31:36 +0000: Best of Visual Studio 2017 Launch - Channel 9
Join us for the top highlights from the Visual Studio 2017 Launch including: "Inner Loop" and "Shift Left", new 3rd party add-ins now included, and how Visual Studio 2017 can provide features and insights to a developer earlier in a DevOps process
- Fri, 28 Apr 2017 13:00:00 +0000: Sock IoT with this Azure Connected System-on-a-chip Project - Channel 9
While creating a temperature and humidity IoT project is the IoT "Hello World," Marcel Meurer has put in a cool twist, connecting it to Azure and even PowerBI!
Build your own IoT device with ESP8266 system-on-a-chip, Azure Event Hub, Stream Analytics and Azure Storage
IoT is a big buzz word. I wanted to make it more tangible for me. So, I decided to build a small WiFi based sensor to monitor temperature and humidity, and to send these data to Azure. For my scenario at home I need less than 12 sensors, but the solution scales up to hundreds – even thousands – of sensors. That’s why I used Azure Event Hub and Stream Analytics.
The sensor ESP8266-01 – WiFi SoC
I want to build a very small sensor that can connect to my WiFi and execute a short program, as well. The System-on-a-Chip ESP8266-01 is ideal for this purpose. Its PCB Version 01 is flat and has a small form factor, less than 25mm x 15mm. The chip itself works with WiFi (including TCP/IP) and can be flashed with one’s own programs. It’s also brings two I/O ports (GPIO) to connect to – for example, a temperature/humidity sensor. In my case it’s a DHT22 – a digital temperature and humidity sensor. The ESP and the sensor together cost less than $7.
Prepare the Arduino IDE to program the chip
Now we can access the chip and send programs to it with the Arduino IDE. These programs are saved permanently and executed on start up. Open the Arduino IDE and include the board definition for ESP8266 chips: File -> Preferences -> Additional Boards Manager URLs and add http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json.
Building Event Hub and Stream Analytics services for IoT data
If it works as expected, we can now build our Azure services to collect data sent from our IoT device – after this we must extend our sketch to send data to the Event Hub.
To receive data from sensors/IoT devices I use an Event Hub and a Stream Analytics service in Azure. I don’t use an IoT Hub because I only want to have a one-way transmission to the cloud and don’t need to control my sensor(s).
Generate a long-lasting authorization code for the sensors
The sketch we built before must now be extended to send the data to Azure. But first we need an Authorization code to communicate with the REST API. We can create this code based on the saved connection string from the shared access policy “messages.”
Extend the sketch to send data to the Event Hub
To send data to the Event Hub we must extend our sketch (see below). For this, we need some variables to configure the Azure connection:
And after a few minutes in the running Stream Analytics job you will see:
If you connect it to PowerBI, you can have these charts:
- Fri, 28 Apr 2017 00:45:00 +0000: TWC9: Building Build Badges, NASA Space Apps Challenge, Visual Lexicon of LINQ and more | This Week On Channel 9 - Channel 9
This week on Channel 9, Nikola and guest host Jeff Burtoft discuss the week's top developer news, including;
- [01:30] Jeff Burtoft
- [02:11] Vote for the Windows Developer Awards, At Microsoft Build 2017: First-ever Windows Developers Awards
- [03:21] Microsoft Build 2017
- [03:53] Microsoft Releases Dialogue Dataset to Make Chatbots Smarter [Roland Meertens]
- [05:40] How Microsoft builds massively scalable services using Azure DocumentDB [Aravind Ramachandran]
- [07:06] A Visual Lexicon of LINQ: The Wallchart & A Visual Lexicon of LINQ [Michael Sorens]
- [08:13] Top Visual Studio Code Extensions: 50 Powerful Tools to Make Visual Studio Even More Useful [Angela Stringfello]
- [10:06] What programming languages are used late at night? [David Robinson]
Picks of the Week!
- Nikola's Pick of the Week:[11:30] What is NASA's International Space Apps Challenge?
- Jeff's Pick of the Week:[12:58] Developing for Surface Dial [Sergiy Baydachnyy], https://github.com/boyofgreen/dialDemo
Please leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- : Windows | Official Site For Microsoft Windows 10 OS, laptops, PCs, tablets and more. - Bing: windows 10
Windows 10 unveils new innovations and is better than ever. Shop for Windows 10 laptops, PCs, tablets, apps & more. Learn about new upcoming features.
- Sat, 15 Apr 2017 04:59:00 +0000: Download Windows 10 - microsoft.com - Bing: windows 10
Windows 10 Creators Update now available. The Update Assistant can help you update to the latest version of Windows 10. To get started, click Update now.
- Sun, 16 Apr 2017 22:08:00 +0000: Windows 10 - Download - Bing: windows 10
Windows 10 (Windows), free and safe download. Windows 10 latest version: Windows 10 is here to change the game. Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system (OS) marks a ...
- Sun, 23 Apr 2017 08:24:00 +0000: Windows 10 - Free download and software reviews - CNET ... - Bing: windows 10
Windows 10 is the latest version of Microsoft's operating system, released on July 29, 2015 and available as a free upgrade for many users until July 29, 2016.
- Mon, 17 Apr 2017 13:03:00 +0000: Windows 10 New Creators Update & Features - microsoft.com - Bing: windows 10
Windows 10 keeps getting better - the Creators Update includes new innovations, features and security capabilities. To ensure the best experience the update rolls out ...
Bing: Microsoft Edge
- Wed, 26 Apr 2017 01:11:00 +0000: Microsoft Edge (@MicrosoftEdge) | Twitter - Bing: microsoft edge
Microsoft Edge Verified account @MicrosoftEdge. The official Twitter handle for Microsoft Edge, the new browser from Microsoft.
- Sun, 23 Apr 2017 02:55:00 +0000: Microsoft Edge - Wikipedia - Bing: microsoft edge
Microsoft Edge (codename "Spartan") is a web browser developed by Microsoft and included in Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile and Xbox One, replacing Internet ...
- Sat, 22 Apr 2017 14:59:00 +0000: Microsoft Edge - Download - Bing: microsoft edge
Microsoft Edge , free and safe download. Microsoft Edge latest version: Microsoft's new browser aims to usher in new era of web browsing. New operating system, new ...
- Sat, 22 Apr 2017 00:54:00 +0000: Microsoft Edge help - Microsoft Support - Bing: microsoft edge
Get help with your questions about using Microsoft Edge with our how-to articles, tutorials, and support content.
- Fri, 21 Apr 2017 21:26:00 +0000: Microsoft Edge, browsing data, and privacy – Microsoft privacy - Bing: microsoft edge
Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 helps you browse, search, shop online, and more. Like all modern browsers, Microsoft Edge lets you collect and store specific data on ...
- Thu, 27 Apr 2017 01:45:00 +0000: HTML5test - How well does your browser support HTML5? - Bing: html5
An online tool to see how well the browser used supports the standard. Uses a point scoring system and includes comparison tables.
- Tue, 25 Apr 2017 19:13:00 +0000: SpeedOf.Me, HTML5 Speed Test - Bing: html5
SpeedOf.Me is an HTML5 Internet speed test. No Flash or Java needed! It is the smartest and most accurate online bandwidth test. It works well on iPhone, iPad ...
- Mon, 24 Apr 2017 01:06:00 +0000: HTML5 - Wikipedia - Bing: html5
HTML5 is a markup language used for structuring and presenting content on the World Wide Web. It is the fifth and current version of the HTML standard.
- Sun, 23 Apr 2017 11:30:00 +0000: HTML5 video element - Mozilla Developer Network - Bing: html5
Attributes. Like all other HTML elements, this element supports the global attributes. autoplay A Boolean attribute; if specified, the video automatically begins to ...
- Sat, 22 Apr 2017 21:18:00 +0000: CSS3.com - A comprehensive CSS 3 reference guide, tutorial ... - Bing: css3
A comprehensive CSS 3 reference guide, tutorial, and blog
- Sat, 22 Apr 2017 17:58:00 +0000: animation | CSS-Tricks - Bing: css3
The animation property in CSS can be used to animate many other CSS properties such as color, background-color, height, or width. Each animation needs to b
- Sat, 22 Apr 2017 12:14:00 +0000: Cascading Style Sheets - Bing: css3
Cascading Style Sheets home page. What is CSS? Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a simple mechanism for adding style (e.g., fonts, colors, spacing) to Web documents.
- Sat, 22 Apr 2017 03:39:00 +0000: CSS3 Introduction - w3schools – CSS3 - Bing: css3
CSS3 is the latest standard for CSS. CSS3 is completely backwards-compatible with earlier versions of CSS. This section teaches you about the new features in CSS3!
- Sat, 22 Apr 2017 01:08:00 +0000: CSS3.0 Maker - CSS3.0 Generator | CSS 3.0 Generator - Bing: css3
CSS Maker is a free tool to experiment with CSS properties and values and generate a simple stylesheet for your site.
- Thu, 27 Apr 2017 04:01:00 +0000: Application class - UWP app developer | Microsoft Docs - Bing: WinRT
Remarks. The Application class encapsulates an app and provides the following services: app entry point, particularly for various activation contracts
- Thu, 27 Apr 2017 00:27:00 +0000: Windows Runtime XAML Framework - Wikipedia - Bing: WinRT
'Windows Runtime XAML Framework' (code name "Jupiter") is a user interface API that is part of the Windows Runtime (WinRT) programming model that forms the backbone ...
- Tue, 25 Apr 2017 17:04:00 +0000: Windows Runtime - Wikipedia - Bing: WinRT
Windows Runtime; A component of Microsoft Windows; Details; Other names: WinRT: Type: Application programming interface: Included with: Windows Server 2012, Windows 8 ...
- Tue, 25 Apr 2017 06:05:00 +0000: WinRT and winmd Files - Marius Bancila's Blog - Bing: WinRT
If you tried the Win8 Developer Preview and built WinRT components (native or managed) you noticed the .winmd files. The name stands for Windows Meta Data and the ...
- Tue, 25 Apr 2017 02:24:00 +0000: [Beta] Win86emu: Running x86 apps on WinRT d… | Windows 8 ... - Bing: WinRT
The project is abandoned. As I no longer own a Windows RT device and I'm not willing to use Windows RT anymore, unless Microsoft would make it more open (…