Nieuw: IE11/MS Edge, HTML5, CSS3, Win10
Een blik op wat er in de IE technowereld aan het gebeuren is:
Twitter: Microsoft Edge
Twitter: Windows 10
- Mon, 23 Jan 2017 14:00:00 +0000: Productivity Power [Tools] Pack 2017 Now Available! - Channel 9
I don't know about you, but one of the very first things I install for Visual Studio is the Productivity Power Tools. Not having a version that was compatible with VS 2017 was real bummer.
Well, as of Friday, it's bummer no more!
Not only is the do we have the tools, they have been repackaged as individual extensions too. Get one or two or get the entire pack, it's all up to you.
Here's the scoop from the Marketplace;
"The PPP is an extension bundle installer that will install each of the individual components of Productivity Power Tools 2017
It runs in the background and will detect any uninstalled extensions, then download and install them.
There is a switch in the Tools menu to "Reset Productivity Power Pack...".
The following components will be installed:
- Align Assignments
- Copy As Html
- Ctrl+Click GoTo Definition
- Custom Document Well
- Double-Click Maximize
- Editor Guidelines
- Fix Mixed Tabs
- Match Margin
- Middle-Click Scroll
- Peek Help
- Quick Launch Tasks
- Solution Error Visualizer
- Power Commands for Visual Studio
- Shrink Empty Lines
- Time Stamp Margin
- PPT Options Page
Oh yeah, you know the source is available too, right? https://github.com/Microsoft/VS-PPT 🙂
- Mon, 23 Jan 2017 10:00:00 +0000: Last Week on Channel 9: January 16th - January 22nd, 2017 - Channel 9
We've got a select 39 (yes, there were even more but I had to stop at some point) shows, posts, episodes, news and more from last week, here on Channel 9.
- TWC9: New PIX, NuGet UWPDesktop, VSTS Getting Personal, Kinect Powered Grocery Store and…
This week on Channel 9, Nikola and guest host Dmitry Lyalin discuss the week's top developer news, including; ...
- One Dev Story: Patrick Abadi - A Windows Insider
Have you ever wondered "How did that dev do that"? Listen to Patrick Abadi, founder of Panoramic Software, talk about his experiences developing Windows apps using Xamarin and .Net technologies. He explains how Xamarin helped them reuse 75% of their code as they bring their apps to other platforms. ...
- Unity Navigation - Part 2
In this episode, we will add the finishing touches to the point and click style movement. We will use NavMesh Obstacles to define areas that our character should not walk through, such as the well. We'll also show the player where they clicked by animating a simple sprite, instantiating copies of it every time the player clicks and then destroying it once the animation is complete. ...
- Microsoft Teams Is Here! Presented by Microsoft, Avanade, and AvePoint [Webinar]
Hi ya'll! There's been a lot of buzz in the past couple of weeks since the announcement of Microsoft Teams. Personally I've been using Microsoft Teams with my teams at AvePoint and we all think it's a phenomenal technology around collaboration!
I'm very, very privileged to have had the opportunity to present an hour long webinar with two of my colleagues and friends from the industry, Matt Berg from Microsoft and Wictor Wilén from Avanade. ...
- Building Power BI custom visuals that meet your app needs
You may already know that Power BI allows developers to easily create powerful custom visualizations for your application's unique needs. In this video, we explain the core concepts of building Power BI custom visuals and show you how to get started with your own custom visuals now. ...
- Building effective Power BI reports for your app
In this video, we explain the core concepts of building quality Power BI reports for your applications. We show you how to start using the Power BI Desktop tool to connect to data sources, start creating data models and design visually compelling and interactive reports. ...
- Short Video: Using SARA tool for troubleshooting OneDrive for Business.
Do you need help syncing your OneDrive files? Here you can find a quick guide on how to use SaRa Tool in order to diagnose and solve OneDrive Sync Issues ...
- Episode 221: Azure Analysis Services with Josh Caplan
In this episode Haishi Bai and Ryan Volum are joined by Josh Caplan, Senior Program Manager on the Azure Analysis Services team. Analysis Services has typically shipped with SQL Server on premises, but now it has been implemented as a fully managed service in Azure. It allows you to manage data modeling and create BI solutions from tabular data in the cloud or on-premises. ...
- This Week on Windows: Windows 10 features, Halo Wars: 2, and More
This week on Windows we get a peek at the latest Windows 10 features shipped to Windows Insiders, we’ve got your chance to play Halo Wars 2: Blitz and we’ll show you how to make your Microsoft Edge Start Menu your own! ...
- Episode 52 - Clean Code - Error and Exception Handling
In this episode, we cover how to do error and exception handling right and things to avoid. This builds on our Clean Code series where we introduce people to topics to help them improve their code. ...
- Acer Announces First Curved Display Laptop in the World for Gaming
Join us at the Acer product demo suite at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas as we visit with Eric Ackerson from Acer and get a look at their new announcements. You will see not only their latest gaming line up but also the worlds first curved display laptop that just happens to have two GTX 1080's. Finally they reveal their new HDR monitor with visuals that will blow you away. ...
- OMS Availability - Introduction Webinar
#MSOMSIntroduction to Microsoft Operations Management Suite with Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery. ...
- What Brexit Means for Tech
On June 23, 2016, the citizens of the United Kingdom voted to withdraw from the European Union (Brexit). The UK government will now move forward with the procedure to withdraw, which could be completed by March 2019. This historic event has wide-reaching implications for U.S. and UK tech firms, presenting both new opportunities and regulatory challenges.
On January 19, 2017 Voices for Innovation hosted Owen Larter, Microsoft's UK Government Affairs Manager, for a 45-minute webinar to discuss Brexit. We covered how this will impact tech firms in both nations and how you can support your customers and develop new business during this time of transition.
- Microsoft Connected Car at CES 2017 B-Roll
Microsoft partners showcase connected car technologies and new Microsoft Connected Vehicle Platform at CES Conference in Las Vegas. ...
- Startup Stories : Meet RealBox
RealBox Data Analytics uses Predictive Analysis to decrease risk, lower cost and improve customer service. Through the "Pulse" offering, RealBox provides the convenience of being able to remotely monitor your business in real-time. ...
- Startup Stories : Meet SuperFan.ai
SuperFan.ai helps notable personalities connect with fans personally- via intelligent chat bots. Deliver the right message at the right time to the right audience. Brands can even use SuperFan.ai to connect with audiences through a celebrity endorsement platform....
- SharePoint at Microsoft (SME roundtable December 2016)
IT Showcase brought together subject matter experts from our SharePoint at Microsoft course to answer questions about how Microsoft IT designs, develops, implements, governs, upgrades, and supports SharePoint at Microsoft. In this session, they discuss modern team sites, governance, compliance, user adoption and training, Microsoft PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and much more. ...
- Episode 27: Maximize Your Game’s Launch on Xbox One
This talk with ID@Xbox's Chris Charla focuses on specific things you can do as an independent developer to have the best launch possible on Xbox One. Including the Five factors that can dramatically affect your launch success on Xbox. Want to find out what one small mistake can cost your 25% of your launch sales? Watch this and find out! ...
- Episode 28: Welcome to ID@Xbox
ID@Xbox director Chris Charla gives you a quick overview of the program that enables you to self-publish your games on Xbox One and Windows 10 using Xbox Live. What is the program? How does it work? And how can you get started? Find out here. ...
- 89 - Nitehawk Christmas Blooper
It's time for another LiveStream Episode of the Patch and Switch show!!! Two IT guys (Patch and Switch) who are talking about whatever comes up. Can you say Tangent! Ultimately it's the Chat Room where everyone hangs out and contributes to the show, so make sure to load it up during the LiveStream!
So... it appears that Patch and Switch has another Patch-less Friday because it was a Snow day? Thank goodness the audio engineer found another camera so we can see him too. ...
- SQL Unplugged - January 2017 Edition
Join Scott Klein and Rohan Kumar LIVE on SQL Unplugged. This show is your avenue for chatting with the individuals who own the relational database at Microsoft. Tune in each month as Scott and Rohan answer your questions and discuss the insights and inner workings of the SQL Server engineering team. Be sure to follow this show on Twitter (@SQLUnplugged) for updates and information on upcoming shows....
- Snack Pack 7: Plugins for Xamarin and Windows
Welcome to The Xamarin Show Snack Pack Edition. A Snack Pack is bite sized episode that is focused on a specific topic and covered in just a few minutes. Today, we take a look at Plugins for Xamarin and Windows enabling developers to access native functionality from shared code. Plugins for Xamarin abstract several APIs across iOS, Android, and Windows platforms including camera, geo-location, settings, permissions, connectivity, file system, notifications, and a lot more. These plugins can be installed directly from NuGet in just a few seconds. ...
- Startup Stories : Meet EisenVault
The right document, the right person, the right time - with EisenVault's cloud-based Document Management System. EisenVault takes away the hassle of managing documents by storing them in both electronic and physical forms, enabling smart-search and deploying quick retrieval measures. This system can be used in multiple industry sectors, and caters to specific requirements of various job roles. ...
- Recommendations API
Martin and Martin look at Recommendations API in Microsoft Cognitive Services and show how you can use it to give your website users useful product recommendations.
- Tuesdays with Corey: Cloud Foundry is Generally Available on Azure
Corey Sanders, Director of Program Management on the Microsoft Azure Compute team dives into General Availability of Cloud Foundry on Azure. Corey is joined by Sean McKenna – Principal Program Manager, Azure Compute to give us all the details. ...
- Convenient (and Collaborative) Audiovisual Media
Audiovisual media is an attractive and rich source of information, widely used in education, entertainment and industry. But it can take painfully long hours to author, edit and navigate. My research looks at ways to make creation and manipulation of audiovisual media easier and more convenient. In particular, I will talk about novel interaction techniques applied to three specific domains: speech recordings, lecture videos and presentations. I will also discuss several exciting future directions for supporting collaborative authoring of audiovisual media. ...
- Biomarker Discovery in Personalized Medicine
Personalized medicine has been hailed as one of the main frontiers for medical research in this century. In the first half of the talk, we will give an overview on our projects that use gene expression, proteomics, DNA and clinical features for biomarker discovery. In the second half of the talk, we will describe some of the challenges involved in biomarker discovery. One of the challenges is the lack of quality assessment tools for data generated by ever-evolving genomics platforms. We will conclude the talk by giving an overview of some of the techniques we have developed on data cleansing and pre-processing. ...
- Analyzing the Entire Program: Applying Natural Language Processing to Software Engineering
A powerful, but limited, way to view software is as source code alone. Mathematical techniques, such as abstract interpretation and model checking, can indicate whether the program satisfies a formal specification. But, where does the formal specification come from? A program consists of much more than a sequence of instructions. Developers make use of test cases, documentation, variable names, program structure, the version control repository, and more. I argue that it is time to take the blinders off of software analysis tools: tools should use all these artifacts to deduce more powerful and useful information about the ...
In this tutorial, we will look at ways to remove the modality from your UWP application. ...
- Memory Optimizing Temporary Data Structures
Our man Jos is back again, and this time he is talking about memory optimizing temporary data structures. And true to form, Jos brings in the whiteboard and spends 35 minutes walking us through how to improve TempDB performance by leveraging some of the In-memory OLTP technologies. ...
- Updating Octopus Deploy at Accenture with Jim Szubryt and Damian Brady
Microsoft MVPs Damian Brady from Octopus Deploy and Jim Szubryt from Accenture discuss upgrading Octopus in a large enterprise environment. Accenture has used Octopus since the very early versions, and recently undertook to upgrade from version 2.5 to 3.3. They talk about the reasons for the change and the big challenges with the scale involved. They also discuss the continued move of infrastructure to the cloud and more plans for the future! ...
- ASP.NET Monsters #88: Inside Compiled Views in the Razor View Engine
Have you ever wondered how scripts are inserted into your layout from a view, or how the debugger knows which line of code you are on when you're using partial views?
In this episode, Monster James dives into the classes that are generated automatically behind the scenes and ultimately compiled at runtime to give your application the capabilities required to generate HTML for your client. ...
- Pass-Through Authentication & Seamless Single Sign-On user experience
This is the user experience what the user experiences after implementing #AzureAD Pass-Through Authentication and Seamless Single Sign-on. ...
- Transitioning from PowerShell ISE to VS Code
In this day and age with Azure being the beast that it is, more often you'll find yourself using PowerShell. This short video will help with the process of transitioning from using PowerShell ISE to using VS Code. It includes all the tips & tricks that you're used to in PowerShell ISE. ...
- 2016 Year in Review: Microsoft AppSource with Microsoft’s Satish Thomas [Video Interview]
Hi Ya'll! Welcome to another episode of Dux Quax where today we're talking about Microsoft AppSource as part of our "What Happened in 2016 and What's Coming in 2017" series.
One of the biggest factors to Microsoft being a technology leader is its ability to bring together Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and Systems Integrators (SIs) into an ecosystem that enhances and adapts the power of Microsoft technologies for individual customer needs. ...
- Roslyn and .NET Core: C# code generation with Visual Studio for Mac
In this second video, learn how to create a .NET Core app on Mac OS with Visual Studio for Mac and how to perform Roslyn code generation invoking the C# compiler. ...
- Startup Stories : Meet RoadToNaukri
Discover how RoadToNaukri identifies the right person, with the right skills, for the right job. Enabled by BizSpark Plus, their vision is to become a world-class Go-To platform for Skill Development and Recruitment, not just in India but also in Middle East, South East Asia and beyond. ...
- Page Navigation with Xamarin.iOS
Learn how to perform page navigation in iOS apps using Xamarin.
1) Page navigation with Storyboard and Segue
2) Passing parameters to another page ...
- Sat, 21 Jan 2017 00:45:00 +0000: TWC9: New PIX, NuGet UWPDesktop, VSTS Getting Personal, Kinect Powered Grocery Store and more... | This Week On Channel 9 - Channel 9
This week on Channel 9, Nikola and guest host Dmitry Lyalin discuss the week's top developer news, including;
- [00:19] Dmitry Lyalin, Visual Studio Toolbox, Follow @Lyalindotcom
- [01:44] Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 15003 Released [Clint Rutkas]
- [03:07] Windows Developer Day—Creators Update
- [03:31] Introducing PIX on Windows (beta) [Shawn Hargreaves]
- [05:10] Announcing “UWPDesktop” NuGet Package Version 14393 [Vladimir Postel]
- [06:26] Getting Personal - VSTS [Jamie Cool]
- [07:52] ChakraCore’s first anniversary [Brian Terlson, Gaurav Seth and Limin Zhu]
- [09:40] New WintellectPowerShell Version with Visual Studio 2017 Support [John Robbins]
- [10:48] PowerShell 10 Year Anniversary
- [10:53] Create a UWP-Based ChatBot Using the Microsoft Bot Framework Direct Line API [Nick Randolph]
- [11:49] Three FREE Training Courses on ASP.NET Core from Microsoft Virtual Academy [Maria Naggaga, Scott Hanselman]
- [13:09] The first ‘Supermarket of the Future’ is now open for business, and it’s crazy [Mike Wehner]
Picks of the Week!
- Dmitry's Pick of the Week:[14:21] Xamarin U, MVA
- Nikola's Pick of the Week:[15:48] Scientists used a Windows phone to sequence DNA [Brad Stephenson]
Please leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 21:53:53 +0000: One Dev Story: Patrick Abadi - A Windows Insider - Channel 9
Have you ever wondered "How did that dev do that"? Listen to Patrick Abadi, founder of Panoramic Software, talk about his experiences developing Windows apps using Xamarin and .Net technologies. He explains how Xamarin helped them reuse 75% of their code as they bring their apps to other platforms.
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 20:44:33 +0000: Unity Navigation - Part 2 | .GAME - Channel 9
In this episode, we will add the finishing touches to the point and click style movement. We will use NavMesh Obstacles to define areas that our character should not walk through, such as the well. We'll also show the player where they clicked by animating a simple sprite, instantiating copies of it every time the player clicks and then destroying it once the animation is complete.
- : Windows - Microsoft - Bing: windows 10
Learn about Windows 10, the latest devices, apps and games or find support.
- Tue, 28 Jul 2015 23:56:00 +0000: Windows 10 - Free download and software reviews - CNET ... - Bing: windows 10
Windows 10 is the latest version of Microsoft's operating system, released on July 29, 2015 and available as a free upgrade for many users until July 29, 2016.
- Sun, 08 Jan 2017 05:49:00 +0000: Get Windows 10 | Shop & Buy New Windows Devices - microsoft.com - Bing: windows 10
Buy Windows 10 Home or Pro. Windows 10 is the best Windows ever and the full version is still available as it always has been.
- Tue, 10 Jan 2017 10:19:00 +0000: Windows 10 - Download - Bing: windows 10
Windows 10, free and safe download. Windows 10 latest version: Windows 10 is here to change the game. Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system (OS) marks a major ...
- Wed, 18 Jan 2017 06:56:00 +0000: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Features | See What’s New ... - Bing: windows 10
See new features in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update launched Aug 2, 2016: Sticky Notes w/Cortana, Music controls, Microsoft Edge, Windows Hello, Windows Ink & more.
Bing: Microsoft Edge
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 20:23:00 +0000: Microsoft Edge Help - Bing: microsoft edge
Get help with your questions about using Microsoft Edge with our how-to articles, tutorials, and support content.
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 20:23:00 +0000: Microsoft Edge - Wikipedia - Bing: microsoft edge
Microsoft Edge (codename "Spartan") is a web browser developed by Microsoft and included in Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Xbox One, and Windows ...
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 15:43:00 +0000: Microsoft Edge Web Browser | Official Site | The Browser ... - Bing: microsoft edge
Microsoft Edge is the new browser built for Windows 10. Edge is faster, safer & gives you longer battery life. Stream 4K & take notes on web pages. Try it now.
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 14:53:00 +0000: Microsoft Edge - Download - Bing: microsoft edge
Microsoft Edge, free and safe download. Microsoft Edge latest version: Microsoft's new browser aims to usher in new era of web browsing. New operating system, new ...
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 12:52:00 +0000: Get to know Microsoft Edge - Bing: microsoft edge
Learn about Microsoft Edge—the new web browser for Windows 10 that lets you write on the web and read without distractions, among other things.
- Sat, 21 Jan 2017 00:12:00 +0000: HTML5 UP! Responsive HTML5 and CSS3 Site Templates - Bing: html5
Pixelarity. Unlimited access to 70+ responsive site templates (including everything at HTML5 UP), plus extras and support for just $19. Start Browsing
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 19:18:00 +0000: Free Website Templates, Free HTML5 Templates Using Bootstrap ... - Bing: html5
Free website templates, free HTML5 templates using Bootstrap framework. High quality free website templates for all.
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 14:03:00 +0000: HTML5 - Wikipedia - Bing: html5
HTML5 is a markup language used for structuring and presenting content on the World Wide Web. It is the fifth and current version of the HTML standard.
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 11:04:00 +0000: Video.js: The Player Framework - Bing: html5
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 10:57:00 +0000: W3C HTML - Bing: html5
HTML is the standard markup language used to create web pages and its elements form the building blocks of all websites. Latest HTML 5.1. We ...
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 22:03:00 +0000: Cascading Style Sheets - Wikipedia - Bing: css3
Because CSS3 split the CSS language's definition into modules, the modules have been allowed to level independently.
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 21:41:00 +0000: CSS3 . Info - All you ever needed to know about CSS3 - Bing: css3
The CSSWG has published an updated Working Draft of CSS Box Alignment Level 3. This module extends the Flexbox alignment properties to apply to all layout models and ...
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 14:53:00 +0000: What Is CSS3? Cascading Style Sheets Level 3 - Bing: css3
CSS 3 is the modularization of Cascading Style Sheets to allow additions to the specification as well as limit the properties used in a given situation. With a ...
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 06:39:00 +0000: CSS3 Current Work - World Wide Web Consortium - Bing: css3
List of specifications under development by the W3C CSS working group.
- Thu, 19 Jan 2017 14:40:00 +0000: Cascading Style Sheets - Official Site - Bing: css3
Cascading Style Sheets home page. What is CSS? Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a simple mechanism for adding style (e.g., fonts, colors, spacing) to Web documents.
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 22:39:00 +0000: How to call WinRT APIs from .NET desktop apps - CodeProject - Bing: WinRT
Explains how to create a .NET app which invokes WinRT APIs on Windows 8.; Author: ljw1004; Updated: 5 Feb 2013; Section: Universal Windows Platform and Windows ...
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 22:17:00 +0000: Windows Runtime XAML Framework - Wikipedia - Bing: WinRT
'Windows Runtime XAML Framework' (code name "Jupiter") is a user interface API that is part of the Windows Runtime (WinRT) programming model that forms the backbone ...
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 20:15:00 +0000: Windows Runtime - Wikipedia - Bing: WinRT
Windows Runtime; A component of Microsoft Windows; Details; Other names: WinRT: Type: Application programming interface: Included with: Windows Server 2012, Windows 8 ...
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 16:26:00 +0000: Pre-beta Windows 8.1 WinRT Developer APIs - Bing: WinRT
Pre-beta Windows 8.1 WinRT Developer APIs Justin Angel. Hi folks, In this article we’ll review new developer WinRT features that’ll be released in the upcoming ...
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 15:29:00 +0000: WinRT - Home - Bing: WinRT
Utilities for WinRT development ... Project created and mantained by Raffaele Rialdi English website: http://www.iamraf.net